Apprenticeships & Traineeships
TAFE New England Institute offers a range of education and training opportunities designed to meet the needs of organisations and individuals.
The term Australian Apprenticeships is used to describe both apprenticeships and traineeships. Apprenticeships and traineeships involve a 'contract' or 'training agreement' between the apprentice/trainee and the employer.
One of these opportunities is the Australian Apprenticeship Scheme. This scheme, encompassing both traineeships and apprenticeships is designed to provide flexible on and off the job training for new entrants to the workforce and those already employed. The training provides recognition and qualifications for existing work based skills.
Apprenticeships and traineeships are the best way to combine training and employment, leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
View apprenticeship and traineeship industry areas
What are the advantages of a NEI apprenticeship or traineeship?
- Apprentices and trainees receive high quality education and training
- Combining on and off the job training ensures that apprentices and trainees gain the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to perform specific industry tasks
- Workplace assessments apply to many traineeships and some apprenticeships
- Training is delivered in modern facilities
- Teaching staff are highly-qualified and industry-recognised
- Pathways lead to further education and training options, including university
- Training plans are customised
- Support services are available to help students succeed