Information for Teaching Staff
Recommend resources for the Library
If you would like to recommend a new resource for your library's collection, please complete a purchase request form.
Training in the Library
We offer training programs to assist you and your students with using the library.
Training Video Sources
Below is a list of some of the major Australian training video producers. Many of these websites have online previewing available. Some campus libraries will also arrange previews of particular titles for you.
Video Education Australasia (VEA)
Video producers specialising in workplace safety
DVDs of programs aired on free-to-air TV
- Enhance TV is a great educational website that allows you to find out about upcoming educational programs, get low cost copies of broadcasts and download accompanying study guides and DVD covers.
- New England Institute Libraries provide many ways for you to view and embed videos in lessons that you provide online.
Other services for staff
- Some libraries can organise a Closed Reserve for your class assignments
- Semester loans on selected material
- Teacher reference section
- Wireless network
- Videoconferencing and assistance with this
- Rooms and facilities available for class work, watching DVDs or individual study
- Use of equipment such as photocopier, computer and printer
Equipment loans for staff
Below is a list of some of the equipment NEI libraries have available for staff to borrow. This equipment is not held at all campuses but may be available on request through Inter Library Loan.
Digital Video Cameras
Point of View Glasses for video recording
Mini Data Projectors
Portable Projector Screens
Digital SLR Camera
Portable Video Conference Units
Portable CD Players
Smartpen’s (Contact Paul Gearin)
Phonak EasyLink and MyLink