Food Technology and Processing
A scientific career that’s food for thought.
- Do you want to get into a scientific career or work in a laboratory?
- Do you enjoy practical, scientific or technical work?
- Are you organised, accurate and enjoy being part of a team?
- Do you have a passion for food?
- Would you enjoy the responsibility of maintaining large-scale quality standards?
- Approximately 50,000 people are employed directly in food processing and technology across Australia in careers ranging from food processing work in factories to food scientists in laboratories, government departments and major manufacturers.
- Average salaries range from $650 - $800 per week for process workers to $1,115 per week for food scientists.
- Job prospects are good for skilled technologists and scientists.
Why Study With Us:
- Our graduates are actively sought after by employers due to our close links with industry.
- Gain industry experience from work placements.
- Study under scientific professionals who are experts in their field.
- Train with state of the art resources and equipment in dedicated labs and classrooms.
- Laboratory technician
- Food handler
- Food processing operator
- Food inspector (with some additional units through TAFE NSW OTEN distance training)
- Food science teacher (with additional units and teaching qualification)
Food Processing (Plant Baking) - Certificate III (NRT) 9294
Food Processing (Retail Baking - Bread) - Certificate III (NRT) 9297
Food Processing (Retail Baking - Combined) - Certificate III (NRT) 9298
Food Processing (Retail Baking) - Certificate I (NRT) 9295
Food Processing (Sales) - Certificate II (NRT) 4894
Food Processing (Sales) - Certificate III (NRT) 4895
Food Processing - Certificate II (NRT) 9301
Food Processing - Certificate III (NRT) 6444
Food Processing - Certificate III (NRT) 9302
Food Safety Supervisor - Statement of Attainment (NRT) 19589
Implement Food Safety Procedures - Statement of Attainment (NRT) 17987