With so many study options and exciting career pathways to choose from, it is important for students to carefully evalutate their options and match skills and interests to career goals.
Our four-step guide will help you to:
- clarify your career goals
- find a course that suits your needs
Step One - List your skills and interests
Ask yourself these questions:
- What am I good at?
- What interests me?
- What's important in my career (eg. money, meaningful work)?
- What skills do I need to get where I want to go?
- Is there anything else to consider (eg. time restraints)?
Step Two - Consider your career options
Consider a range of occupations based on your interests and abilities by:
- Talking to friends and family
- Talking to employers and people who work in jobs that interest you
- Checking job websites
Step Three - Evaluate which courses meet your goals
Step four - Take action
After deciding on the courses that meet your interests and career goals: