Career Development Resources
‘Vision is where tomorrow begins, for it expresses what you and others who share the vision will be working hard to create. Since most people don’t take the time to think systematically about the future, those who do, and who base their strategies and actions on their visions, have inordinate power to shape the future’ (Burt Nanus).
The Australian Blueprint for Career Development
The Blueprint has been developed to help people to identify the ‘skills, attitudes and knowledge that individuals need to make sound choices and to effectively manage their careers’.
Eleven competencies are highlighted in the Blueprint that you might want to consider when planning and managing your career.
- Build and maintain a positive self- concept
- Interact positively and effectively with others
- Change and grow throughout life
- Participate in lifelong learning supportive of career goals
- Locate and effectively use career information
- Understand the relationship between work, society and the economy
- Secure/create and maintain work
- Make career enhancing decisions
- Maintain balanced life and work roles
- Understand the changing nature of life and work role
- Understand, engage in and manage the career building process
View the Australian Blueprint for Career Development
Career Profiles on real people and careers
Education and Training